Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wonderful Reading For a Year? For $3?

I just bought a one year subscription to Redbook Magazine for $3! YES THREE DOLLARS! What is that? Like $0.25 an issue? No that’s not right, that’s absurd. I’m not a math person. Wait, that IS right! (I pulled up the calculator on my phone and checked. I am a little shocked…not that I had to check it with a calculator, I wasn’t kidding about the whole math person thing…but that it is really $0.25 an issue.)

You know what equates to? Saving $39! I don’t know exactly when I am going to be able to read this fabulous deal. But I will be getting something that is not centered around my kids, family or cooking. So that is $3 well spent to make me feel like a grown-up who is allowed her own personal interests. It feels a little bit indulgent!

Go to Amazon.com and check out the Magazines home page. There are literally dozens of others that are all priced under $10.00 for an entire year. What a great way to give yourself a little gift of personal time.

I think this would also be a great gift idea for someone else. You will find that I love gifts. I love thinking about them, buying them, and giving them. I really love trying to find something that is a little bit different and a whole lot affordable while still being completely wonderful.
Here’s a couple of suggestions that I think are great:
  • Congratulations on your wedding, here is a Better Homes & Gardens Subscription.
  • Congratulations new mommy! Here is your year for Parenting Magazine.
  • Love you Mom! Happy Mother’s Day! I bought you a subscription to Real Simple.
  • Happy Birthday Husband. Go look at some hot chicks in your Maxim magazine and stop bothering me, I am trying to watch Grey’s Anatomy.


No comments:

Post a Comment